Fast-Growing Urgent Care System Expands Footprint in Southeast Texas
(February 8, 2022) – American Family Care (AFC), the nation’s leading provider of urgent care and accessible primary care, continues to expand its national healthcare network with the opening of two new locations in Metro Houston, Texas. AFC Upper Kirby and AFC Humble round out eight clinics now serving the millions of families living and working in the area.
Over the last 40 years, AFC has pioneered the concept of non-emergency room urgent care and expanded its footprint coast to coast. All AFC clinics are designed, equipped, and staffed to provide accessible primary care, urgent care, and minor emergency treatment.
“No matter which of our eight metro Houston locations you visit, AFC makes it convenient for all patients to be seen quickly while getting access to the quality care they deserve,” explains Zikar Maredia, who owns and operates AFC Upper Kirby, AFC Humble as well as six other Houston area locations. “Urgent care is a convenient, economical alternative to visiting a hospital emergency department. Our medical staff administers COVID-19 testing and treats everything from colds and flu to cuts, bruises, and fractures.”
AFC Urgent Care Services
- Laboratory on Site – AFC’s on-site laboratory provides a wide variety of lab work, including COVID-19 testing, COVID-19 travel testing, and flu testing.
- State-of-the-Art Diagnostics – Digital x-ray equipment allows AFC staff to take and read x-rays within minutes. Patients are provided with copies on a C.D. upon discharge.
- Occupational Health Exams and Workers’ Compensation Cases – These services include D.O.T. physicals, urine drug screens, and breath-alcohol tests.
- Extended Hours – AFC is open seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
“Patients continue to choose AFC because we have highly skilled medical specialists who provide an exceptional healthcare experience from start to finish,” adds Maredia.
For more information about each of the new AFC locations, click on the website links below.
AFC Upper Kirby
- 2715 Bissonnet Street, Suite 180, Houston, TX 77055
- Website: com/upper-kirby-tx
- 9455 Sam Houston Parkway, Houston, TX 77396
- Website: com/humble-tx
About American Family Care:
Founded by Dr. Bruce Irwin with a single location in 1982, American Family Care has pioneered the concept of convenient, patient-centric healthcare. Today, with more than 250 clinics and 800 in-network physicians caring for over 6 million patients a year, AFC is the nation’s leading provider of urgent care, accessible primary care, and occupational medicine. Ranked by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., AFC’s stated mission is to provide the best healthcare possible, in a kind and caring environment, while respecting the rights of all patients, in an economical manner, at times and locations convenient to the patient. For more information, visit americanfamilycare.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE