American Family Care
STD Testing Services
STD Testing is Quick and Painless
For Discreet and Easy STI Testing, Come to AFC
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), also known as sexually transmitted infections or STIs, are very common among people of all ages in the United States. Especially for younger people, STDs are on the rise. There are dozens of known STDs in the US, which are categorized as:
- Bacterial – Generally curable with antibiotics, STDs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis are identified as bacterial sexually transmitted diseases.
- Viral – Although viral STDs cannot be cured, many can be treated with medication prescribed by a medical professional. Some viral STDs, like HPV, can disappear on their own. Viral STDs include HIV, genital herpes, HPV, and Hepatitis B & C.
- Parasitic – Common examples of parasitic STDs include public lice and scabies. These can typically be cured with medications and creams.
In many cases, STDs come with a list of specific symptoms. From burning during urination to itching, to discharge and sores, it’s important to get tested if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Some of the most common STDs include:
- Genital herpes
- Genital warts
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Hepatitis B
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS
- Pubic lice
One of the reasons why many people do not realize they are infected with an STD is because many of the diseases don’t have any symptoms. In fact, you can be infected with an STD for years without knowing it. Even when STDs are asymptomatic, they can still cause damage to your body.
While many STDs can be treated or cured via medication, untreated STDs can lead to numerous problems. It’s highly recommended that you get tested for sexually transmitted diseases or infections if you’re sexually active. Even those who are sexually active with only one partner should consider testing. You can get tested for most STDs whether or not you have any symptoms present. This is why many experts prefer the term sexually transmitted infections (STIs) because you can have an infection present without any disease symptoms.
Some STDs are similar, so you might be tested for a few different types. From cervical cancer to birth defects, it’s important to get tested regularly to ensure that you catch any STDs that may otherwise go unnoticed.
If left untreated, asymptomatic STDs can lead to:
- Increased risk of infertility
- Certain types of cancer
- Transmission to sexual partners
- Harm to an unborn baby if you’re pregnant
- Increased susceptibility to HIV infections
AFC STD Testing
How exactly does one get tested for STDs? Ultimately, depending on your specific symptoms (such as pain, sores, discharge, etc.), medical history, and sexual history, your medical provider will decide on what type of STD test to give.
Some ways we can test for sexually transmitted diseases include collecting a:
- Blood sample
- Urine sample
- Swab of the inside of the mouth
- Swab from the genitals
- Swab of discharge or sores
Fortunately, STD testing is quick and painless. Our medical team is well-equipped with the tools and experience to provide you with fast, reliable testing and treatments.
How Can We Help?
- URGENT CARE
- PEDIATRIC URGENT CARE
- PRIMARY CARE
- FAMILY CARE
- SEASONAL ALLERGY TREATMENTS
- EXPRESS LAB SERVICES
- STD TESTING
- ANNUAL PHYSICALS
- SCHOOL/SPORTS PHYSICALS
- IMMIGRATION PHYSICALS
- MEN'S PHYSICALS
- WOMEN'S PHYSICALS
- WELLNESS PHYSICALS
- VACCINATIONS - IMMUNIZATIONS
- FLU SHOTS - VACCINATIONS
- TRAVEL MEDICINE - VACCINATIONS
Our confidential STD testing services offer fast & comprehensive results.
Do Urgent Care Providers Offer On-Site Lab Services?
Urgent care providers offer convenient, time-saving alternatives to visiting an emergency room for minor, non-life-threatening medical conditions. These healthcare centersRead More
All Blocked Up? Here Are a Few Sinus Infection Cures
A sinus infection, or sinusitis, is a frustrating ailment that causes a runny nose, congestion, swollen and/or itching eyes, aRead More
The Many Benefits of Visiting an Urgent Care Provider
Local urgent care centers, or family walk-in clinics, offer patients convenient and affordable urgent healthcare services. When you visit aRead More