Do you resolve each year to get healthier, but your efforts always seem to fall short? It’s time to take control of your health! Why not start this new year off right by making some small changes to reap some big rewards!
- Quit smoking NOW! – According to the CDC, within 20 minutes after you smoke that last cigarette, your body begins a series of health changes and improvements that continue for years. There’s no better time than now to stop!
- Sleep – Research continues to show that a lack of sleep increases the risk of obesity, heart disease and infections. Make an effort this year to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Exercise regularly – You don’t need expensive gym memberships or special equipment. Set a realistic goal to move more every day and increase your level of activity each week throughout the year.
- Hydrate – Water is essential to the body because it helps deliver vitamins and minerals to the cells, regulates body temperature, helps the digestive process run more efficiently and lubricates the joints. Aim to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water every day.
- Eat healthy – Did you know that even a moderate weight loss of 5% delivers considerable health benefits? Start small by cutting out fast food or junk food and strive to eat more fruits, lean proteins and vegetables every day. Before long, you’ll begin to feel better and have more energy.
At American Family Care, our board-certified physicians and healthcare professionals are here to help you meet your goals. Programs such as Weigh to Live provide patients with personalized support to assist you in each step of your healthcare journey. Walk into one of our many AFC locations today and get the care you need on your schedule. And here’s to a healthier 2020!