Sarasota Allergy Treatment and Prevention Near You
Comprehensive allergy management
AFC Sarasota provides allergy treatment and prevention options. Suffering from allergies, whether seasonal or year-round, is a hassle. Common symptoms of allergies include sneezing, watery and itchy eyes, runny nose, and fatigue, among others. You can count on AFC Sarasota to properly diagnose, treat, and prevent your allergy symptoms from surfacing so you can enjoy your life and sleep better at night.
Schedule your consultation now or walk right in!
What to Expect From Allergy Treatment & Testing at AFC Sarasota
AFC's allergy tests are capable of detecting up to 60 allergens through a simple, 15-minute skin test, which allows you to walk out our door with results in hand.
Depending on the severity of your allergies, you may require recurring treatment. AFC will work with you to plan up to 3 years of allergy treatment, which could include coming into the clinic for weekly injections. Our expert staff will also ensure you are well equipped to deal with allergens outside of the office, recommending medications and epipens.
AFC Sarasota works with all allergy patients to create an individualized plan that's compatible with their lifestyle and preferences. Most insurance is accepted and self-pay options are available!
Schedule an appointment or walk in today to learn more.
Most Common Types of Allergens in Sarasota and Their Symptoms
- Grass/Tree pollen: also known as Hay Fever, allergies to pollen are very common. This is what we think of when we think of "seasonal allergies" -- runny nose, stuffy sinuses, watery eyes, sneezing, and other cold-like symptoms.
- Dust mites: dust mite allergy symptoms are the same as pollen allergies, but in addition, the patient may experience asthmatic symptoms such as wheezing or difficulty breathing.
- Mold: symptoms include dry skin, watery eyes, itchy nose and throat, sneezing, and stuffy nose.
- Latex: those who are allergic to latex will experience symptoms in line with skin irritation such as itchiness, red skin, hives/rashes, coughing, wheezing, itchy/watery eyes, and sneezing.
- Food allergies: fool allergy symptoms vary drastically depending on the food and the allergy severity. Most common food allergies include nuts, shellfish, milk, and eggs. Symptoms range from hives and eczema to swelling of facial features to vomiting and abdominal pain. If you're experiencing a serious allergic reaction to food such as anaphylaxis, seek immediate medical attention from an emergency room.
- Animal dander: furry animals such as cats and dogs are also a common cause of allergies, most often triggering similar symptoms to pollen allergies.
Get Allergy Treatment and Prevention at Urgent Care Near You
AFC Urgent Care in Sarasota is a state-of-the-art medical center with compassionate staff and top-notch equipment. With deep expertise, you can count on AFC Urgent Care to minimize and prevent your allergy symptoms. Schedule your appointment online today!
Schedule Online Appointment