DOT Physicals in Clearwater, FL
A Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam is required every two years for anyone applying for a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). The test is given to determine if the applicant is suitable to drive safely now and in the near future. Physicians complete an entire examination including lung, vision, and hearing functions.
The DOT states these requirements to pass a test:
- Your vision must be 20/40 in each eye and with both eyes combined, with or without correction.
- You must be able to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights.
- You should be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- You cannot have blood pressure over 160/100.
- Your blood sugar must be no higher than 200.
- You cannot be using habit forming drugs, amphetamines or narcotics.
- If you have a cardiac problem, such as heart failure, you need to have passed a stress test with a note from the physician stating you have no driving restrictions.
DOT Physicals and COVID-19 Testing in Tampa, FL
Truck drivers and commercial vehicle operators can also book COVID-19 testing at AFC Urgent Care Clearwater before they return to work. Many companies also require COVID tests before going back.
The two types of testing that we offer our patients includes the following:
Reverse Transcriptase-PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) testing—this involves taking a swab from a SYMPTOMATIC patient’s nose or throat to determine if they have an ACTIVE coronavirus-19 infection. The exact sensitivity (ability to correctly identify those with the illness — true positive rate) and specificity (ability to correctly identify those who don’t have the illness—true negative rate) is not known.
Serology testing (Antibody Testing)-this involves taking a small sample of blood and testing it for antibodies against the COVID-19 virus. A positive test would indicate that a patient had been infected and has formed antibodies against the COVID-19. The current test offered at AFC will detect the IgG antibody against COVID-19. A positive IgG test may allow you to return to your normal activities without the worry of re-contracting COVID-19. The sensitivity and specificity of the antibody test is not yet known.