Spring is not only the season for change and freshness. The springtime is also the perfect time to get back on track for all fitness and wellness goals that you might have. Check out these fitness tips including new exercises, COVID-19 friendly workouts, and new healthy eating goals that can help you reach your goals this season.
Exercises for Spring
Spring exercises are divided into different sections. Unlike summer, where the common goal is to get in shape for ‘summer bodies’, in spring, things are usually focused on increasing endurance, flexibility, balance, and strength. But even if your target is to keep in shape, some of these spring exercises can help.
- Brisk walking or Jogging: This fun exercise can go from mild to intense depending on the distance and duration of the exercise. It is great for spring because of the cool, refreshing weather that encourages walks. Brisk walking and Jogging build endurance, keep the body organs running in good condition, and help to maintain good body fitness.
- Yard work: Some household chores can also serve as spring exercises since they help build the body muscles and regulate body functions. Yard work such as digging, raking, or mowing gets your heart and breathing rate going as it should.
- Lifting weights: This is best for those that are looking to pump up body muscles or build strength. However, ensure that you are not lifting much more than you should.
- Stretches and Yoga: By participating in body stretch exercises, you would be increasing body flexibility which is also great for spring fitness and wellness. Yoga and other meditation exercises also help you to stay active, alert, and alive during this season.
COVID-19 Friendly Workouts
For days like the COVID-19 pandemic, you can still keep in shape at home. Below are a few COVID-19-friendly workouts that won’t bore you even if you are by yourself.
- Dancing rigorously to fast-beat music
- Running/Walking up and down the stairs
- Using a resistance band while walking around the house
- Standing on one foot
- Home Yoga, and so on.
Healthy eating goals
While on the journey to spring fitness, it is best to fall back on only healthy meals that build the muscles, regulate bodily functions, and provide the right nutrients in the correct proportion. Whole foods like grains, clean proteins, fresh fruits, and vegetables are more recommended. Lay back on excess caffeine, alcohol, and processed foods. Drink a lot of fluid (especially water) and stay away from soda as much as you can.
Stay on top of your health at AFC Urgent Care West Long Branch
Though all that has been mentioned is important, don’t forget the place of a good night’s rest. Also, while working on your body fitness, make sure to pay attention to your health and body vitals. If you need a preventive exam or are curious about your current health, then visit an urgent care center today!
AFC Urgent Care West Long Branch offers preventive healthcare services like speciality employment physicals, illness treatment, and more. Book online or simply visit as a walk-in clinic patient!