Telemedicine Is Available At AFC Urgent South Philly
Enjoy AFC Telecare from the comfort of your home!
AFC Urgent Care South Philly now offers telemedicine for our neighbors in Philadelphia. You no longer have to visit our clinic in South Philly to receive top-notch care from board-certified physicians. From the comfort of your home in West Philly, Center City, or Northeast Philly, you can be treated for many illnesses and injuries by Philadelphia-based providers. This new choice is excellent for anyone who does not want to leave their house due to the current COVID-19 outbreak. Our walk-in urgent care center does remain open, serving patients suffering from a variety of illnesses and injuries. We are here to serve you if you need to be seen face to face by a doctor for any of our regular services.
When did this urgent care center start to offer Telemedicine?
Telemedicine became available at AFC Urgent Care South Philly in April of 2020.
How do I make a telemedicine appointment? What should I expect when an appointment is made?
It is easy to make a telemedicine appointment. There is no need to purchase any special hardware or download specialized software. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be connected with one of our providers:
- Click here to register a video visit with one of our doctors at our urgent care center. You will schedule a time for your virtual visit.
- A confirmation of your appointment with our doctor will be sent to you via a text and/or email. We will also request that you complete registration online before the start of your appointment.
- When it is time for your appointment, click on the link labeled “join video visit." This link will be in your text or email. You can join from any phone, computer, or tablet that has an internet connection and audio/video capabilities. Just as a reminder, our doctor will not be able to see or hear you if your device does not have a mic, a camera, or an internet connection.
- During your appointment, our experienced medical providers at AFC Urgent Care South Philly will determine your treatment after evaluating your healthcare needs.
- If, during their assessment in your video appointment, they determine you need a face to face evaluation, we will schedule an appointment for you to be seen in person at the clinic.
Can I be screened for COVID-19 using telemedicine?
Yes, our providers can screen you for COVID-19 through telemedicine.
They will evaluate you for a possible infection and then give you the next steps for testing if needed. Please do not come to our clinic if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19. Please make a telemedicine appointment to be evaluated.
What are some illnesses and injuries that can be treated with a virtual visit?
The most common illnesses and injuries we can help treat during your video visit include:
- COVID-19 screening
- Arthritic Pain
- Colds and Flu
- Insect Bites
- Respiratory Infections
- Skin Inflammations
- Sore Throats
- Sprains & Strains
- Bladder Infections
- Sports Injuries
What are some illnesses and injuries that cannot be treated with a virtual visit?
Not everything can be treated with a video visit. There are some injuries, illnesses, and services we provide that require you to come to our clinic. These include:
- DOT Physicals
- Camp, Sports, or Non-DOT Work Physicals
- Immigration Physicals
- Sutures (stitches)
- Abscess drainage
- Foreign body removal
Can I get my prescription medication refilled with telemedicine?
We can, in some cases, approve a refill of prescription medication refills with a video visit. We will not prescribe medications related to mental health or any ADD, ADHD, controlled, or addictive substances. We limit medicines for chronic illnesses to a one-month supply.
How much does it cost to have a telemedicine appointment? Will my insurance cover the cost of an appointment?
Your insurance company determines the fee for a telemedicine appointment. Please check with your insurance provider for the latest updates on what the fees are for a telemedicine appointment at our urgent care center. They will have the most up to date information regarding any changes in co-pays.
We are happy that we can provide you this virtual platform to keep you healthy from the comfort of your home. Our doctors are standing by to help you feel better, so please take advantage of this excellent new service. Book an appointment today and feel free to call if you have any questions!
Other Services You May Need
- Poison Ivy Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ringworm Treatment
- Sports Injuries Treatment
- Sports, School, and Camp Physicals
- Sore Throat Treatment
- Sprains, Strains, and Broken Ankles
- STD Testing
- Tick Bite Treatment
- Travel Medicine and Travel Vaccinations
- Workers Compensation
- X-Ray Services
- Yearly Physical Exams