In the past years, emergency room visits have been on the rise. This can cause long waits in the ER. In. 2010, only a quarter of all ER visitors were seen within 15 minutes. If your injury or illness is not life threatening, it can mean waiting a long time. Emergency Rooms can also cost upwards of $100 and that’s just the copay.
Urgent Care facilities such as AFC Danbury are an alternative to the emergency room. Our staff is available to treat your non-life threatening injuries and illnesses without the long wait at the ER and the high costs. Often, we can treat you for no more than the cost of your PCP copay.
We offer a full suite urgent care services including treatment for the following and more
- Fractures & breaks
- Asthma & other breathing ailments – mild to moderate
- Back, joint & muscle pain
- Cuts, bruises, fractures & breaks
- Ear Pain, ear infection & ear wax removal
- Eye Irritation & pinkeye
- Coughs, colds & fever
- Skin rashes
- Sprains & strains
- Stomachaches, vomiting, nausea & diarrhea
PLEASE CALL 911 OR VISIT THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM IMMEDIATELY FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SEVERE CONDITIONS
- Drug overdose
- Knife or gunshot wounds
- Loss of limb or severe broken bone
- Pregnancy – severe abdominal pain
- Serious head, neck or back injury
- Suspected Heart Attack or Stroke
- Breathing obstruction or suffocation
We offer convenient night and weekend hours and always accept all walk-ins. Visit AFC Urgent Care in Danbury at any of our 3 convenient locations, 2 Main St., 100 Mill Plain Rd or 76 Newtown Rd.