COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
At AFC Urgent Care we are committed to delivering COVID-19 testing more efficiently than any other testing site so you don’t have to wait hours on-site to get the care you need or the peace of mind you seek.
How to Get Tested at AFC Urgent Care:
If you are experiencing symptoms or have been identified as a close contact of a known positive individual:
- Patients must first schedule a telemedicine visit with our provider. This virtual visit will take place from the comfort of your home. Click here to schedule your telemedicine visit now. Visits can only be scheduled up to three days in advance.
- You and the provider will then select a time for you to come to the center to be tested the test must be performed with 24 hours of your telemedicine call. The testing occurs between 9am-6pm.
- If you are not using insurance, you will be required to pay $160 at the time of your visit.
If you are testing for travel:
- You must determine what kind of test is required for your travel and this must be communicated to our team. See below for more information on the types of tests we offer.
- Register for your on-site test by clicking here. Visits can only be scheduled up to three days in advance. If testing for travel, you will not have a telemedicine visit.
- Simply come to AFC Urgent Care at your designated time and call the front desk to let them know you have arrived 781.848.2273 Option 4. They will immediately direct you to our testing unit.
- This is service is not covered by insurance because your test is not ordered by a physician. You will be required to pay $160 at the time of your visit.
Types of Testing We Offer:
In-House Rapid Molecular NAAT Testing:
AFC Urgent Care utilizes the Abbott ID Now machine to perform rapid COVID-19 testing with results available in approximately 15 minutes. Abbott’s latest research shows that the rapid test performs nearly as well as lab-based tests and is 94% or more accurate when reporting a positive result and 98% or more accurate when reporting a negative result.
Send-Out Molecular PCR Testing:
For those who wish to have, or are required to have, lab-based testing AFC Urgent utilizes Quest Diagnostics. Because this is a send-out lab, results can take anywhere from 2-5 days to return. For patients with no symptoms, lab-based testing is the most accurate means of testing.
What is the cost of the testing?
Testing for patients with symptoms or a known exposure to a close contact:
Most insurance carriers will cover the cost of the testing with no financial responsibility being assigned to the patient. For those without insurance, the cost of the test is $160 which will be due at the time of service.
Testing for patients who wish to travel:
AFC Urgent Care is unable to bill to insurance. The cost of the test is $160 which will be due at the time of service.
Who can be tested at AFC Urgent Care?
AFC Urgent Care is currently offering rapid and send-out testing to:
- Individuals with symptoms
- Individuals with no symptoms who have been identified as a close contact of a known positive individual. In order to be considered a close contact, you must have been within 6 feet of the individual for more than a total of 15 minutes. Testing will only be offered 5 days after your last exposure with that individual
- Individuals who travelling
When will my results be available?
In-House Rapid Molecular Testing: A Medical Assistant will run your test while you wait and provide you with your results in approximately 15 minutes. Or, be on your way and your results will be emailed to you within the hour.
Send-Out Molecular PCR Testing: A Medical Assistant will call you with your results within 5-8 days.