Participating in sports is a great way to stay active and healthy. Whether you’re a student-athlete preparing for the upcoming season or an adult looking to join a recreational league, it’s crucial to get a sports physical beforehand. A sports physical ensures that you’re ready to engage in athletic activities and can significantly prevent potential injuries. Are you wondering where to get a sports physical? Read on to learn more about sports physicals and where to go to receive the most convenient and quality care.
For same-day sports physicals, visit the walk-in clinic at AFC Urgent Care Thornton. Our board-certified medical providers provide physical exams seven days a week on a walk-in basis. Simply walk-in or reserve your spot online.Reserve Your Spot
What is a Sports Physical?
A sports physical is a medical examination conducted to assess an individual’s overall health and physical fitness level before participating in sports or physical activities. The primary goal of a sports physical is to ensure that the individual is healthy enough to engage in sports without increased risk of injury or health concerns. The exam is often required by many schools and sports leagues prior to participation. Based on the findings of the exam, your healthcare provider will offer personalized advice on exercise and physical activity involvement. They may also provide strategies to prevent injuries or guidance on managing any health concerns.
What To Expect at a Sports Physical
During a sports physical, a healthcare provider will typically conduct a thorough evaluation of your health. The exam will typically include the following components:
- Medical History Review: Your provider will discuss any past illnesses, injuries, surgeries, allergies, medications, and health concerns you may have.
- Physical Examination: This includes a comprehensive assessment of your height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate, and more. Your provider will check your vision, hearing, and overall development.
- Musculoskeletal Assessment: A sports physical may also include an evaluation of your muscles, joints, flexibility, and posture– in order to identify any issues or areas of concern.
- Discussing Health Concerns: If you have any current health concerns, be sure to bring them up with your provider. This can help tailor their recommendations to your specific needs.
- Immunization Review: Your provider may review your immunization records and discuss and administer any necessary vaccinations.
Where To Get a Sports Physical Near You
If you need a sports physical quickly, urgent care centers are the best option. These clinics are designed to handle non-emergency medical issues promptly. They offer walk-in injury treatment and a wide range of preventive health services, like sports physicals. Urgent care clinics offer extended hours and walk-in visits, making it easy to fit a physical exam into your busy schedule.
Get a Same-Day Sports Physical at AFC Urgent Care Thornton! We provide walk-in services for everyone near Thornton, Northglenn, Eastlake, Henderson, and Todd Creek, CO! The center is open seven days a week and provides the most accessible urgent care around. If you have any additional questions about sports physicals, or other services we provide, please contact us directly at (720) 751-2910