DOT Physicals for Commercial Truck Drivers in Torrington, CT
Drivers who operate commercial vehicles including company cars, landscaping equipment, busses and trucks and are in possession of a commercial driver’s license (CDL) will need to undergo periodic physical examinations to make sure you are meeting health standards set by the Department of Transportation. These physicals are critical to maintaining the health certification associated with your CDL. DOT Physicals are performed at AFC Urgent Care Torrington seven days a week and only require one visit to complete. DOT Physicals are required at least every two years, but may need to be performed more frequently based on your employer’s needs.
Medical Requirements for DOT Physicals
In order to pass your DOT physical, you must meet a series of guidelines set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Commission (FMCSA) as well as the state of Connecticut. These requirements include:
- Vision: with or without the use of corrective lenses, applicants must have vision of at least 20/40 in each eye. Applicants must also be able to distinguish between the different colors of traffic lights and signs.
- Hearing: applicants need to be able to hear a forced whisper from at least five feet away, with or without the use of hearing aids.
- Blood Pressure: with or without the use of prescription or over-the-counter medication, blood pressure must be under 140/90.
- Chronic health conditions: applicants must show that they are able to control and/or manage symptoms of chronic health conditions with or without the assistance of prescription medications without complications or severe health issues that may affect your ability to perform your duties.
- Medication use: applicants must have a proven history of being able to control any health conditions without abusing medications.
If you believe you may have a medication exemption for any of these requirements, check the FMCSA website and consult with your physician to learn more.
DOT Physicals in Torrington & Litchfield, CT
If you are in need of a DOT physical for your employment or to renew your CDL, visit AFC Urgent Care Torrington today. Our center is open seven days a week and can perform DOT Physicals for walk-in patients. Most major insurance plans are accepted. For more information, please call 860-866-4321.