Many healthcare consumers and patients may have started to see walk-in clinics sprouting up in places like grocery stores, pharmacies, and similar retail locations.
These clinics, commonly referred to as “Minute Clinics," are aimed to provide fast healthcare services. However, these clinics usually don’t have the capabilities to create both high-quality and convenient healthcare services for patients. In addition, many patients confuse these clinics with urgent care centers.
At AFC Stoneham, we provide high-quality healthcare services that are designed to fit your schedule. Unlike a Minute Clinic, our urgent care center is staffed with board-certified medical providers to provide extensive healthcare services that are commonly associated with emergency care. Here are the main differences between an urgent care center and a Minute Clinic:
AFC Stoneham Features:
- Staffed with board-certified medical providers that guide your healthcare needs with attention and focus
- Equipped with lab and x-ray services without needing to outsource to another facility
- Able to treat significant injuries including bone breaks, sprains, and painful muscle injuries
- Provides screenings for several chronic diseases, well-child visits, sport and camp physicals, and other health exams
- Employers can use urgent care facilities to manage occupational health services like drug, pulmonary, vision, and hearing tests to evaluate a person’s ability to work
- Patients can check-in online, call ahead for an appointment, or walk-in during normal hours
- No online check-in
- Usually no licensed physician on site
- Limited preventive care services
- Limited injury treatment capabilities
If you need urgent care services, or want to learn more about AFC Urgent Care Stoneham, please call (781) 279-4000 or visit us via walk-in visit! Let us be your quick and convenient local provider of all your urgent care needs!