In order to maintain your health certification for your commercial driver’s license, you will need to undergo a physical to ensure your health meets standards set by the Department of Transportation. Without a current physical, your license will not allow you to operate a commercial vehicle within the state of Maine or over state lines. In order to make sure you are within the regulations of your CDL, you can visit AFC Urgent Care South Portland for a DOT physical.
What will be checked as part of a DOT physical?
There are both federal and state requirements a driver must meet in order to renew their medical certification through the DOT as well as maintain their CDL. These requirements include:
- Vision: Must be at least 20/40 in each eye with or without corrective lenses and tell the difference between different colors of traffic lights
- Hearing: Must be able to hear an unforced whisper from up to five feet away
- Blood Pressure: Must be at least 120/80 – 140/90 with or without medication
- Chronic Disease Management: If affected, must be able to prove a history of managing symptoms of chronic diseases and conditions to prevent complications or serious issues
- Medication: Must have a proven history of adhering to medication guidelines as prescribed and without a history of abusing habit-forming drugs or narcotics
Walk-In DOT Physicals in South Portland & Portland, ME
If you are in need of a DOT physical, visit AFC Urgent Care South Portland today! Our center is open seven days a week, and walk-in patients are always welcome. Most major insurances are accepted. For questions, please call (207) 358-3188.