Businesses have begun to reopen, and “normal” life has started to resume.
But while the numbers of COVID-19 cases have leveled off some in recent weeks in most of the country, it’s still important to be taking precautions to protect yourself and your family. That’s why our team at AFC Urgent Care of Athens, TN wants to share some insight.
What’s My Risk of Getting COVID-19?
We’re all at risk of developing COVID-19, which is a type of the coronavirus that’s spread through airborne particles. Some of us, though, are at a higher risk.
That includes those who are age 65 and older, as well as anyone who is immune-compromised. People in those populations should take even more precautions to stay safe.
- Fever or chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
What Exactly Is Social Distancing?
We’ve all heard the term “social distancing” a ton. But do you really know what it means? The best way to understand its meaning is to reframe it as physical distancing.
You can still be social, but you need to limit close contact with others during this time. That means avoiding large gatherings and staying six feet away from others when outside your home.
Other Ways to Prevent COVID-19
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds at a time.
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces and objects often.
- Limit time spent outside the home as much as possible.
- If age 2 or older, wear a cloth face covering when around others.
- Avoid contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, we are offering COVID-19 testing at our urgent care center. Visit the AFC Urgent Care of Athens, TN website to learn more or to schedule a testing appointment.