Allergies are a common aggravation throughout the year, especially as winter turns to spring and pollen season begins. However, indoor allergens like mold or dust can affect you year round. If you are beginning to experience mild to moderate symptoms of an allergic reaction, visit AFC Urgent Care Louisville or AFC Boulder for walk-in treatment.
Symptoms of Seasonal Allergies
AFC Urgent Care Louisville & Boulder will be able to help treat non-life-threatening allergic reactions for patients throughout the area.
Symptoms we treat include the following:
- Swollen, watering or itching eyes
- Mild headache
- Coughing and sneezing
- Post-nasal drip
Allergy treatment is available for those in Louisville, Boulder, Broomfield, Superior, or Lafayette, CO.
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Allergic Reactions?
If you begin to exhibit symptoms of a life-threatening allergic reaction, you should visit your local emergency room immediately.
In order to prevent an allergic reaction, there are steps you can take to stay safe and avoid your known triggers, including:
- Checking the local pollen count in the morning, especially if you are leaving in the morning. Pollen counts are often highest between 5:00AM and 10:00AM.
- Wear a pollen mask and sunglasses to cover your eyes, nose and mouth when you need to go outside.
- When returning home, change clothing as close to your door as possible in order to keep possible contamination contained. Do not hang your laundry to dry outdoors whenever possible to avoid having it covered in pollen.
- Pollen is typically more irritating on dry, windy days, while mold can trigger reactions in cold, dark, moist places like bathrooms or basements. Avoid going outside or spending too much time in these areas to prevent reactions.
Seasonal Allergy Treatment in Louisville, Boulder & Superior, CO
If you are experiencing symptoms due to your seasonal allergies, visit AFC Urgent Care Louisville & Boulder for relief!
In addition to treating your symptoms, we can help develop a plan to help you manage them.
Walk-in patients are accepted seven days a week during our convenient hours. For questions, please call 720-961-9700.