At AFC Urgent Care West Hartford, we perform a streamlined version of the immigration physical. Our Medical Director is a USCIS Designated Civil Surgeon, which means our center can perform the I-693 immigration(green card) physicals for all, including Department of Homeland Security, US Citizens and Immigration Services. The entire exam process can be conducted in our office. We have the capability to also, perform blood tests, TB tests and various other often needed immunization screens and tests in office, including chest x-rays if necessary.
IMMIGRATION/GREEN CARD PHYSICAL GUIDE
Since the medical exam portion of the immigration process can take two to three visits, it helps to know what to expect and what you need to bring. To help you and your family, here’s what to expect for each of your visits:
- We encourage appointments for all visits; however will accept walk-ins for the first visit.
- Please bring a valid, government-issued photo I.D. (does not have to be U.S. government issued).
- Bring any correspondence that you have received from USCIS form I-693.
- Applicants under 14 years old are permitted to have other proof of identity that shows name, date and place of birth, parents’ full names and other identifying information.
- Please bring any and all vaccine records (must be professionally translated in English) so we know if you need additional immunizations. Don’t worry– we offer many of the required vaccines at our clinics, if you need them; an additional charge may apply. In order to schedule a visit with one of our medical providers, called a civil surgeon, you must have records of all the required vaccines.
- A tuberculin skin test will be administered to every applicant over two years of age.
- A blood test for syphilis and urine test for gonorrhea will be given to every applicant over 15 years of age.
- You must return to the clinic within 48 to 72 hours after your first exam to have the results read from your tuberculin skin test.
- If results from all tests are negative, you will be able to schedule your immigration medical exam with one of our civil surgeons. An appointment is required for the third visit.
- If results from the tests are abnormal or positive, you may require further treatment. If this is necessary, our team will give you the details and referrals you may need to guide you through the process.
- Our team will schedule an appointment for your third visit once all requirements are met.
- One of our civil surgeons will perform your immigration medical exam.
- Your I-693 paperwork will be completed and sealed for you to submit to USCIS. You will also receive a copy for your records. The medical portion of the green card/ immigration process is now complete!
- Collect your American flag pin and congratulations!
For more information or for questions pertaining to documentation please call us at 860.986.6440.