AFC Suffolk Offers Testing for COVID-19
In order to maintain the highest level of healthcare while serving the great community of Suffolk, VA and surrounding areas, AFC Urgent Care Suffolk is pleased to offer COVID-19 testing. If you feel ill or suspect that you have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you need clearance for work, travel or school, you may come to AFC Urgent Care in Suffolk for a test. National testing supplies are currently at an all-time shortage, but we will accommodate patients with no pre-screening requirements, as supplies last.
Do I Need to Make An Appointment for My COVID-19 Test?
We STRONGLY encourage you to make an appointment by visiting https://www.clockwisemd.com/hospitals/3838/appointments/new. This helps us to better manage patient flow and supplies. If you do not have an appointment, we will attempt to accommodate you. However, patients with an appointment are guaranteed to be seen.
How Much Does My COVID-19 Test Cost When Using LabCorp or Other Offsite Labs?
Insured Patients - The cost of the office visit and test are submitted to your insurance. There is currently no out-of-pocket cost associated with Covid-19 testing.
Medicare/Medicaid Patients - The cost of the office visit and test are submitted to your insurance. There is currently no out-of-pocket cost associated with Covid-19 testing.
Uninsured Patients - Our clinic has been approved by the federal government to submit your bill to Medicaid. We will collect a $50 fee up front but will reimburse this cost if Medicaid pays the claim. We will submit this claim on your behalf.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER AS COVERAGE FOR TESTING FREQUENTLY CHANGES.
Do You Offer Rapid Testing?
Yes, we are now offering Rapid Testing.
Rapid Testing is a great option for patients who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, as well as patients who plan to travel, college students returning to campus and employees who require a negative test result to return to work.
How long does it take to get the Rapid Testing results?
The test takes as little as 15 minutes to process, however on high volume days, please allow up to 24 hours for us to provide you with your results.
Do I need an appointment for Rapid Testing?
Appointments are not required, but highly encouraged
How Much Does My Rapid COVID-19 Test Cost?
While policies and procedures may change, we are happy to announce that most insurance providers are currently covering the cost of your test, to some extent. Because the rapid test coverage changes frequently, please contact your insurance for coverage beforehand.
Does AFC Suffolk Accept My Insurance?
We accept all major insurance plans, along with Medicare and Medicaid.
Tricare: If you are the sponsor of your Tricare plan, you must obtain a referral before coming to AFC. If you are the dependent, you do not need a referral.
When Will I Get My Labcorp Results?
LabCorp is currently releasing results in about a week. This timeframe may be shorter or longer depending on their volume.
To access your results, please visit: www.patient.labcorp.com. If you have already set up a patient account with LabCorp, simply log in. If not, please select “Create An Account” on that page, and follow the instructions.
American Family Care will only call you if your test results are positive, at which time, you will receive patient instructions. If your test result is negative, and you need documentation for your employer, school or any other entity, please come into the clinic and it will be our pleasure to assist.
Does AFC Suffolk Offer Antibody Testing?
We are currently offering antibody testing at our clinic.
What Safety Measures and Office Protocols Do You Have In Place?
Your safety and ours is our constant goal. Therefore, the following restrictions apply to all in-office visits:
- You must put on your mask prior to entering the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. It must be worn at all times while in the building.
- If you are not a patient, you will not be permitted to wait in the lobby or go back to the patient examination rooms. If you are with a patient, you must wait in your vehicle. Exceptions apply to minor children and those who are disabled or compromised in any way that makes having a companion necessary.
- Unrelated patients who are waiting in the lobby to be seen may not sit next to each other. In the event that we exceed the number of waiting patients who can safely socially distance in the lobby, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle until you can be seen by a provider.
Also, for your protection, our office is sanitized regularly.
- After each patient visit, the examination rooms are sanitized.
- Each hour, we conduct a thorough cleaning of our lobby and reception area.
- Every evening, after closing, the entire facility, including both private and public areas, are fully sanitized.
- Finally, our office is professionally cleaned and sanitized twice per week.