Employment Healthcare Services - Let us Partner with You!
At AFC Urgent Care Suffolk, we are pleased to partner with you to help keep your employees healthy and productive. We offer a wide range of health services to ensure that your employees receive the best medical care at an affordable cost. Some of the services we offer employees includes:
American Family Care, Suffolk is pleased to offer care for employees who have been injured on the job. Our board certified physicians will examine and diagnose the injury and discuss the best course of treatment to help your employee return to work quickly and safely.
As your workers compensation provider, AFC Urgent Care Suffolk will collaborate with you to streamline the return-to-work process by offering:
- Injury protocol
- Billing setup
- Treatment process
- Follow up appointments
- Accurate record keeping
- Referral management
- Employee work status
AFC Urgent Care Suffolk offers comprehensive physical exams for your employees while meeting regulatory requirements of employers. These exams are designed to keep employees healthy and safe on the job.
Convenient, Thorough Walk-In Physical Exams for DOT Employees in Suffolk
In order to legally operate equipment, a DOT physical is required for interstate or intrastate commercial drivers operating vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds, as mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA). AFC Urgent Care Suffolk offers DOT physicals performed by certified medical examiners (CME) following the rigid protocols laid out by the FMCSA. Overall, the exam serves to test heart function, vision, and hearing.
DOT physicals consist of the following:
- Blood pressure testing: To be eligible for a DOT card, drivers must have a blood pressure reading below 140/90. Your physician will take two readings to ensure the it is as accurate as possible.
- Testing pulse: Pulse should be steady and regular to ensure good heart function.
- Vision testing: Your employee must have at least 20/40 vision in each eye. Testing also includes peripheral vision testing and testing the ability to distinguish between different traffic lights and signals. Results are recorded either with or without corrective glasses or contact lenses, and the driver should wear their corrective eyewear for the test.
- Hearing testing: The applicant should be able to hear a forced whisper from 5 feet away or less. The candidate must also have no more than 40 decibels of hearing loss in their better ear. Again, drivers who wear hearing aids are allowed to wear them during testing.
- Lab testing: Our physician will take a urine sample to test for protein, glucose, and blood. Finding these compounds in urine can indicate an undiagnosed condition such as diabetes or an infection, which can affect the driver’s ability to safely operate a commercial vehicle on public roads.
- Neurological function testing: This brief testing includes checking reflexes and the function of extremities.
Results and DOT Card
Your applicant will be informed of any adverse medical conditions found in their DOT physical. If the applicant passes the exam, a DOT card could be issued for a length of 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years.
Come to AFC Urgent Care Suffolk for your DOT physical in Suffolk. We have extended and weekend hours for your convenience. Contact us online, or call us at (757) 903-0738.
AFC Urgent Care Suffolk also provides pre-employment physicals for employees that are designed to assess baseline health markers to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Some of the assessments include:
- Occupational and medical history evaluation
- Musculoskeletal examination
- Respiratory evaluation
- Hearing and vision testing
- Blood pressure
- Examination of head, ears, eyes, nose and throat
- Any necessary vaccinations