Annual Wellness Physicals in Simpsonville
Medicare Patient Services with AFC Urgent Care Simpsonville
If you are on Medicare, you can have yearly physicals, or “annual wellness visits” (AMV) to create or update an illness prevention plan. General physicals are different from annual wellness visits for Medicare patients, and AMV does not replace the value provided by a head-to-toe physical exam. While a general physical exam involves tests to assess the health of a patient, these tests are not always covered by Medicare. Instead, annual wellness visits are covered under Medicare Part B benefits. Your physician will do a wellness check and develop a healthcare plan tailored to your unique needs.
What Is Covered Under a Medicare Wellness Physical?
Medicare-approved wellness visits include:
- Taking a complete medical and family history
- Recording your prescription medications as well as vitamins and/or supplements you take
- Taking routine measurements of height, weight, blood pressure, and so on
- Assessing your health risks by providing you with a questionnaire
- Checking for hearing impairments
- Screening for cognitive impairments, such as senile dementia
- Screening for depression and mental illness
- Reviewing your ability to perform everyday activities, such as bathing and dressing
- Providing health advice based on identified risk factors and to promote overall health
Under Medicare Part B, you are covered for an annual wellness visit/physical once per year, and you will not have to provide a copayment unless additional tests are required that are not covered by Medicare. We will be happy to help you better understand your eligible benefits.
Are you a Medicare patient and ready for your annual wellness visit in Simpsonville? Come to AFC Urgent Care Simpsonville on a walk-in basis. No appointments necessary!