Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room: What’s The Difference?
If you’re making supper and cutting up vegetables, you tend to be very careful when using a knife. However, if your attention is diverted elsewhere, you may suddenly find yourself bleeding from slicing your finger. While you may feel no real pain, you notice the cut is pretty deep and it’s bleeding profusely.
Now, you have to consider where to go. Should you go to the emergency room or the Urgent Care?
This is the kind of situation people who suffer an injury or are sick are faced with. With Urgent Care clinics opening up throughout the nation, people don’t know when it’s acceptable to use them or the emergency room. Are you facing this kind of predicament yourself? Worry no longer!
When To Go To Urgent Care in Richmond, TX
AFC Urgent Care clinic in Richmond, TX are ideal for non-emergency situations such as when people are suddenly sick. We’re also great when you suffer something outside of normal 9 to 5 business hours. Many Urgent Care clinics are open on the weekends, which is when the majority of doctors’ offices are closed. Here is a list of complaints that we at AFC Urgent Care can handle:
- Animal Bites
- Back pain
- Bumps, cuts and scraps
- Burning while urinating
- Cold symptoms
- Cough (sore throat)
- Ear or sinus pain
- Eye irritation, pain or swelling
- Fever (although it may be best to visit the ER if it’s an infant or toddler)
- Foreign objects inside the nose or eyes
- Flu symptoms
- Lab services
- Mild asthma
- Minor allergic reactions
- Minor fractures
- Minor headaches
- Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
- Rashes (minor burns)
- Strains or sprains
While an emergency room can address these complaints, there are seven good reasons to choose AFC Urgent Care instead.
- Most Urgent Care patients are seen by a doctor within 30 minutes; the minimum wait time in the ER is two hours.
- More than three-quarters of patients are out within one hour.
- They accept walk-ins – no reason to set up an appointment, but you do get in and out quicker.
- Urgent Care is far more affordable. Taking an ambulance to the ER can run you a $1,000 or more.
- They can still see you even without insurance.
- Most Urgent Care clinics will take your insurance plan. However, it’s always best to call the clinic before doing so.
- Many Urgent Care clinics are in prime locations, making them easily accessible to citizens. For instance, the AFC Urgent Care in Richmond, Texas is located adjacent to Highway 99 – mere minutes from Harvest Green, Aliana, Pecan Grove, etc.
When To Go To An Emergency Room
Emergency rooms are ideal when there is an actual emergency, such as:
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain
- Head trauma
- Severe bleeding
- Vision loss
The severity of your health problems is the key difference between these options. If you’re suffering from something life-threatening, it’s best to go to the ER. If you’re suffering from something minor or have an injury, then your local AFC Urgent Care Clinic in Richmond TX can handle it.
Please contact us at:
AFC Urgent Care
Address:18310 W Airport Blvd Ste 100 Richmond, TX 77407