When to use Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room
Every year, thousands of patients rush to an emergency room or urgent care center for medical attention. At AFC Urgent Care Powdersville, our medical professionals provide the convenient option of fast urgent care services, so that you and your loved ones can feel better as soon as you walk into our clinic.
Here are the top 10 reasons patients visit the emergency room:
- Chest Pain: For patients with heart problems, it is essential that you visit a hospital emergency room for chest pain, as this may signal a heart attack.
- Skin Infections: Rashes and bumps on the skin are seen often at our clinic, and are usually treatable with topical ointments.
- Cuts and Contusions: Minor cuts can be treated quickly at our clinic, and same with head injuries. Anything more serious should be tended to at a hospital.
- Fractures and Sprains: When accidents happen at home and sprains or fractures occur, our medical professionals are here to help.
- Respiratory Illness: If you are coughing heavily, this could be a sign of bronchitis or a more serious illness.
- Toothaches: When you or your child are experiencing a toothache and a dentist is not available, medical professionals are the next option for fast attention.
- Foreign Objects: If your child swallows a toy or a small object intrudes an ear, our professionals can help remove these objects.
- Back Pain: If ignored, back pain can indicate a serious problem with your body. Our doctors can quickly look over to identify how serious your back pain is.
- Headaches and Migraines: Minor headaches can be treated at our walk-in urgent care clinic if you are looking for fast relief.
- Stomach Pain: Abdominal pain is common and usually minor issue, but should be tended to by a medical professional in case it is a more serious issue.
AFC Urgent Care Powdersville aims to get patients into the clinic as soon as possible, so that our doctors can have you and your family feeling your best quickly!