Medical Assistant (Full Time and Part Time)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience – Potential for F/T
Medical Assistants needed at AFC Urgent Care, a Walk-In Urgent Care Center in Hartsdale, NY, that provides compassionate, quality medical and patient care in a convenient location. AFC Urgent Care is a unique group of urgent care medical facilities, opened in response to a growing need for immediate physician care in a convenient, comfortable environment. Founded in 2005, our mission is to treat every patient with respect and compassion, and to serve our communities by providing the highest quality medical care.
Objective: Assist physicians in overall patient care, including phlebotomy, lab duties, triaging, greeting and registering patients and handle front office administrative tasks.
Reports to: Physician on Duty / Operations Manager / Center Administrator
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Escort patient to room
- Take vital signs, triage and scribe for physicians
- Draw blood, specimen handling, conduct tests (CBC, CMP, Urinalysis, Rapid Strep/Flu,Glucose(finger), mono, splinting/strapping
- Document patient information (Including detailed information for Workers Comp and No Fault visits)
- Assist physician in every facet of patient care
- Discharge patients from room with instructions
- Clean rooms
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized
- Inventory supplies, replenish supplies when received
- Assist in maintaining lab and medical equipment
- Ensure cleanliness of the facility
- Greet and register patients; verify insurance
- Customer service mentality; must have pleasing personality; able to handle different and difficult situations
- Always proactive and takes initiative; always has a positive outlook in life
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office setting
- Able to adapt to different physician styles and needs
- Associates Degree/Certification required
- Professional appearance is important
- Team player who strives to help other team members succeed and who is equally comfortable working independently
- Willingness to work cross-functionally when needed and offer help without being asked
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently
- Experience in EMR (Electronic medical recording); computer literate and able to type competently
- Experience preferred in conducting drug/hair tests and other occupational health screening
X-Ray Technologist (Full Time and Part Time)
Primary Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- The AFC Urgent Care X-ray Tech conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position’s tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The X-ray Tech will also be involved in patient care conducting tests and splinting and strapping, assisting in obtaining pre-authorizations, patient registration and insurance verification. Phlebotomy is a plus.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification.
- Current New York licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Phlebotomy is a plus.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time/part-time position with Saturday or Sunday required.