Man Up Checkup Physical in Easley, SC
AFC Urgent Care Center provides specialized men’s physical exams for $49 with no appointment needed. We’re open extended hours 7 days a week.
The “Man Up Checkup" is American Family Care’s nationwide push to get men to come in for a yearly physical exam. AFC Urgent Care Easley is participating in this initiative and is offering a Men’s Physical, complete with bloodwork, for only $49.00. Ensure continued good health by being seen by one of our board-certified doctors. No appointment is ever needed and we are open 7 days a week with extended hours during weekdays. There is no excuse not to get a physical when you can see us on the weekend or in the evenings. Many illnesses and conditions do not show symptoms until they have progressed into their advance stages. Catching them now not only promises a higher chance of a successful treatment, but it will be far more affordable.
At AFC Urgent Care Easley, you can expect the following tests during a “Man Up Checkup:"
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale – This scientific survey is used to diagnose sleep disorders. We’ll ask you how sleepy you are throughout the day in common everyday settings.
- Pulse – If you have an undiagnosed heart condition, signs may point to it when taking your pulse. We’ll record it and look for anything out of the ordinary.
- O2 Saturation – When measured, we expect to see your O2 saturation to fall between 95% and 100%. This measurement shows us what the fraction of oxygen saturation of hemoglobin there is currently in your blood. Activity level and even your altitude have been known to affect this number.
- Blood Pressure – Hypertension is caused by high blood pressure and often shows no symptoms. Many men may suffer from this condition and not even know it. This condition can lead to heart attack and stroke if left completely untreated. Corrective action and medication can be prescribed, but only if you know about it. Therefore, yearly screenings are vital.
- Weight, Height, and BMI – Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is used to determine your level of obesity and, if present, the level of severity.
- Lipid Panel – Your body creates energy everyday by burning fatty substances in your body. The levels of these fatty substances however, must be kept within certain levels to ensure continued good health. A lipid panel will measure your cholesterol, triglycerides, high density lipoprotein (HDL), and low-density lipoprotein (LDL).
- HA1C – Also known as a hemoglobin A1c Test, we will measure the levels of sugar in your blood for the past 2 to 3 months. This is used to determine if you show any signs of diabetes. In order that we get the most accurate results from this screening, please do not eat anything 12 hours before this test.
Did you know?
- 60% of the population don’t go for an annual physical?
- 47.6 % don’t meet federal physical activity guidelines for aerobic activity
- 34.5% are obese.
- 32.6% suffer from hypertension.
- 16.7% smoke cigarettes.
- 12.4% are in overall fair or poor health.
- 11.9% percent (under 65 years) do not have health insurance.
The Man Up Checkup is only available for a limited time. Take control of your health and maintain it with a visit to AFC Urgent Care Easley.