Glen Allen Vaccinations & Immunizations
Get Immunized Today with AFC Urgent Care Short Pump Today!
Getting vaccinated is important to maintaining health and protecting yourself and others from contracting and/or spreading diseases. Whether you need a seasonal flu shot or vaccinations for international travel, AFC Urgent Care Short Pump can keep you up-to-date with your recommended shots, quickly and conveniently.
How Do Vaccinations Work?
Vaccines are important because they build immunity to various diseases. The purpose of the body’s immune system is to defend against infection and illness by making proteins called antibodies. Antibodies destroy germs causing illness and protect you from future infections. Antibodies remain in the bloodstream if the same infection tries to come back again, and the body will already have the defense against it.
Vaccines help you develop immunity, as they are made from the same germs causing diseases, although the germs are weakened or killed, so you don’t get sick. Once these germs are introduced to your body, your immune system reacts in a similar way as it would if the actual disease had been introduced, by making disease-fighting antibodies that give you immunity against the disease should you ever come into contact with it.
Glen Allen Urgent Care Immunization Benefits
- Availability: We offer a wide variety of vaccines.
- Convenience: No appointments necessary, simply walk in to our urgent care clinic!
- Quality service: We perform thousands of vaccinations every year and adhere to best practices and guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Travel shots: Planning to travel abroad to a developing country? Get inoculated beforehand with vaccinations specific to the region of the world where you’re traveling.
- Flu shots: Everyone should be immunized for this common yet sneaky illness. Walk in for your flu shot any time!
Immunizations Offered at AFC Urgent Care Short Pump
We offer numerous vaccinations for adults and children, including:
- Flu (influenza)
- DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis)
- Tdap (whooping cough)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Hepatitis A and B
- MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
Do you need a vaccination? Let AFC Urgent Care Short Pump help keep you protected and current with your immunizations. No appointments needed, simply walk in!