How Can I Live a Healthier Lifestyle in 2020?
When it comes to making your resolution list for the year, there are a number of things you want to consider.
However, our team at AFC Urgent Care Levittown wants you to consider making a few resolutions for 2020 that will be beneficial to your health—such as getting a good night's sleep and getting enough exercise on a daily basis!
What Can Happen If You Do Not Get Enough Sleep?
If you aren't getting enough quality sleep on a regular basis, you can experience a number of different effects, in the short-term and the long-term. A lack of quality sleep can leave you not feeling your best, with symptoms like headaches and a negative mood.
Beyond those immediate symptoms, you also put yourself at an increased risk of illness, weight gain, and many medical conditions, including heart disease. Fortunately, you can take steps to make getting enough quality sleep more likely.
Ways to Promote Good Sleep
- Wake up at roughly the same time every morning.
- Go to bed at roughly the same time every night.
- Take a warm bath close to bedtime.
- Play soft music at bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Cut off electronics at least an hour before bed.
- Keep the bedroom cool and dark.
Am I Getting Enough Exercise?
Well, the answer to this question really depends on your individual goals and needs. Enough exercise is a subjective thing.
But there are some basic guidelines for exercise and your health. Experts recommend getting at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity each week to promote optimal health—that averages out to just more than 20 minutes per day. Totally doable, right?
Benefits of Exercise
- You feel happier.
- You can maintain a healthy weight.
- It can be good for muscles and bones.
- You can decrease your risk of certain diseases, such as heart disease.
- It can improve your skin health.
- You can boost your memory.
If you're resolving to live a healthier lifestyle in 2020, a checkup is a good first step. Visit AFC Urgent Care Levittowntoday. No appointment is necessary!