How Can I Take the Best Possible Care of Myself This Year?
It's a new year, which means it is time to finally start on those resolutions you have been putting off until 2020 arrived.
2020 is here, and it's time for you to begin working on becoming the best possible version of yourself this year. Our team at AFC Urgent Care Hartsdale wants to offer some tips on how to do just that.
Why Is Self-Care So Important?
There are so many times where we put others' needs before our own, and we don't mind it at all. But it can get to the point where you are pouring so much of yourself into others that you're losing sight of your own needs.
2020 is the year to start filling your cup up again. Not only can self-care help you to improve your health, but it can also help to boost your confidence and self-esteem! It's important to remember that self-care isn't all about manicures and pedicures—it's about taking care of yourself.
Ways to Practice Self-Care
- Get the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep at night.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice meditation and other stress management techniques.
- Spend time with your family and friends.
- Take time away from work as needed.
Am I Getting Enough Sleep?
If you're like many Americans, the answer is probably no. We tend to put off sleep in order to get more tasks completed on our to-do list. This does more harm than good.
When you don't get enough quality sleep, you may experience a wide range of unpleasant symptoms, like headaches and GI issues, and you put yourself at an increased risk of serious health conditions, such as heart disease.
Tips for Getting Enough Sleep
- Wake up at roughly the same time every morning.
- Go to bed at roughly the same time every night.
- Take a warm bath an hour or so before bedtime.
- Play soft music before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Cut off electronics at least an hour before bed.
- Keep the bedroom cool and dark.
Are you ready to conquer your 2020 resolutions? We are ready to help! Visit AFC Urgent Care Hartsdaletoday for a medical evaluation and treatment plan to get you on track with your goals.