Is Breakfast Really the Most Important Meal of the Day?
With busy lifestyles, it can be difficult to start the day on the right foot. Eating a nourishing breakfast, however, can be the key to feeling healthy and being able to do good work for the rest of the day.
With careful meal planning and adequate rest, eating a healthy breakfast is totally achievable! Read on as our team at AFC Urgent Care Centennial gives you some information about the most important meal of the day.
How Does Eating Breakfast Affect My Mental Health?
Eating breakfast is not only beneficial for your physical body, but it can play a big role in your mental well-being. If you start the day with a healthy meal, it can encourage you to eat healthy for the rest of the day, making your diet and exercise goals easier to achieve.
Healthy diets have been linked to overall good health and decreased levels of depression and anxiety. We list some details about why you should start your day with a well-balanced meal below.
Reasons to Eat Breakfast
- Eating a nourishing breakfast can lead to a better mood.
- Missing meals affects blood sugar, which can cause irritability and fatigue.
- Skipping breakfast can cause the brain to produce excess cortisol, leading to stress and anxiety.
- Excess hunger in the morning may lead to overindulgence later in the day or eating what is convenient, which may not be the best option.
What Foods Should I Be Eating for Breakfast?
Well, we’ve established that eating breakfast is a good idea for your mental health and physical well-being, but not all foods are beneficial for your health. With some meal planning and thoughtful grocery shopping, you can eat the breakfast of champions every day!
So what are some good options for a well balanced and nourishing breakfast? We answer that question below.
Healthy Breakfast Food Options
- Eggs. They are full of protein, contain antioxidants and are versatile to cook.
- Veggies and fruit. You can start your day with plenty of vitamins.
- Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is filling and contains probiotics, which are great for your gut health.
- Oatmeal and nuts/seeds. These are good options to get in fiber and proteins.
- Black coffee and other hot liquids. These can aid in digestion and boost energy levels.
Here at AFC Urgent Care Centennial, we are passionate about keeping you healthy. If you have questions about your diet and lifestyle choices, don’t hesitate to ask a healthcare professional at our office.