How Can I Care for My Skin in the Summer?
Who doesn't want healthy, glowing skin during the summer months? Our team at AFC Urgent Care Centennial is here to help you make that happen—the healthy way!
Why Is It Important to Keep Your Skin Healthy?
Our skin health is important for a number of reasons. While our skin helps to regulate our body temperature, it also helps the body to absorb vitamin D, which is essential for bone health.
However, when getting vitamin D from the sun, it is important to keep our skin protected to limit the risk of sunburn and skin cancer.
Ways to Protect Your Skin
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 on all exposed skin.
- Seek shade when possible.
- Try to stay indoors when the sun's rays are most intense, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect the ears, neck and scalp and sunglasses to protect the eyes.
What Can I Do to Get the Glow Without the Skin Cancer Risk?
Fortunately, there are a number of ways you can have beautiful, glowing skin this summer without raising your risk of skin cancer now and in the future.
Your first and best step is to protect that skin with sunscreen when you go outdoors, even on cloudy days.
Ways to Promote Healthy, Glowing Skin
- Use a self tanner or get a spray tan.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly to promote skin turnover.
- Moisturize right after showering or bathing.
- Drink lots of water.