Should I Get Together With My Family for Christmas This Year?
We all need something to look forward to this time of year. No matter the year, it's natural to feel a little weary and in need of some quality family time as the year winds down.
Usually, family time wouldn't be a big deal at all, but with COVID-19 rates on the rise, it makes things much more complicated than ever before.
So, is it actually safe to spend time with your extended family during the holidays? Read on as our team at AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave. provides some answers.
How Safe Is It to See My Family for Christmas?
The CDC recommends spending the holidays with people in your immediate household rather than traveling to attend holiday gatherings with extended family and friends. While this is hard to hear for many of us, hopefully this will be the only year we would have to do this, as staying as safe as possible now will help us be able to be COVID-free next year.
If it isn't an option to not attend a family gathering this year, stay as vigilant as possible in adhering to the below-mentioned safety precautions.
Ways to Stay Healthy at My Family Gathering
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Stay as socially distant as possible.
- Frequently wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Limit physical contact with those that don't live in your household.
If Choose to Stay Home During the Holidays, How Can I Still See My Family?
As with pretty much everything else this year, you just have to get a little creative. Celebrating Christmas or New Year’s Eve virtually poses the lowest health risk for you, your family and your friends.
Try some of the creative suggestions we've mentioned below to make the most of seeing your family without the need to see them in person.
Creative Ways to Celebrate the Holidays with Family
- Celebrate Christmas virtually. Get on a FaceTime or Zoom call with your family members and share a meal or open presents at the same time to have fun and stay connected.
- Have your Christmas gathering outdoors if possible.
- Send Christmas care packages to each other. If your family is all part of the same Zoom call, mailing or dropping off treats, supplies or matching centerpieces on doorsteps can be a fun and intentional way to feel connected.
AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave. knows that the situation during Christmas isn't ideal this year, but we want you to stay healthy! If you do feel less than your best, don't hesitate to visit us.