How Can I Boost My Health?
Did you make 2020 health resolutions? We're more than halfway through the year, so how are you doing?
If there's still room for improvement—which there is for most of us—you still have plenty of time to put some changes in place that can make a big impact. Let our team at AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave. share some tips!
What Can I Do to Improve My Health?
Whether you established health goals to start off the year or not, there are always improvements to be made when it comes to our health! Fortunately, there's a set of basic healthy lifestyle habits that can form the foundation of a healthier body, mind, and immune system.
While you can certainly make specific tweaks and adjustments to your health based on your individual needs, these are a good starting point for us all. Pick one or a few to start with.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night.
- Eat a diet based on fruits and vegetables.
- Limit your intake of saturated fat, added sugars and excess sodium.
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Don't smoke.
How Can I Get More Sleep?
Sleep is often an under-appreciated aspect of maintaining good health. But it's very important! Experts recommend adults get between seven and nine hours of sleep.
But getting that sleep can sometimes be difficult. To start getting the quality sleep you need on a regular basis, establish good sleep hygiene and habits.
Sleep Hygiene Basics
- Set and stick to a designated sleep time and wake time.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark.
- Limit electronics inside the bedroom to avoid exposure to blue light.
- Create a meaningful bedtime routine to help you wind down.
In need of medical care? Schedule your virtual appointment with AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave. today!