It can be rather overwhelming to prepare for a health trip. Most times, patients forget to go along with sunscreens or forget their medical documents at home. If you are vaccinated and ready to travel, you need to prepare for any health care needs you might have. To ensure that you don’t forget important items, start with this basic packing list and make sure you have everything ready for a safe trip!
Due to COVID-19, some items have become a must for your travel. Not only would it be health-risky to go without them, but you might not be stopped by travel officials until you can present proof of these items. They are;
- A medically acceptable face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- A document to show that you have been fully vaccinated and free to travel
Registration and Medical Items
The following are the things you would need during your clinic visits;
- All requested medical reports, records, and radiology captures
- A detailed list of all your drugs and supplements making sure to include the name, medication label, dose, and why it was prescribed to you. You can also take a picture of each medication to show to the doctor.
- Any health insurance document you might have.
- Clinic card or document, if any
- A copy of your living will.
The following are important personal items that you would also need during your health trip.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes that are easy to put on and off by yourself
- A sweater for evening chills or when the clinic gets cold.
- Sunscreen – since it is a summer health trip.
- Grooming items like bathing soap, towels, shaving products, comb or brush, lotion, shampoo, toiletries, toothbrush, and so on.
- A blanket and pillow
- Your daily assistive aids such as eyeglasses (with the case), crutches, dentures, walkers, canes, or hearing aids.
- Headphones or earplugs with a music player to listen to your favorite songs
- Your favorite books, movies, or games while you are waiting.
- Phone charger
- A pen and paper (you’ll never know when you’d need one).
Things You Can Skip
Not everything should come with you in your health. Here are some things you should leave at home;
- No offense intended, but any child below the age of 13 does not need to come along except such a child is going to get treatment.
- Pieces of jewelry, wristwatches, and rings can be left back. Most times in the clinic, you would be asked to remove them anyway.
- Expensive devices that you don’t need such as laptops, video game boxes, and so on.
- A lot of cash. There is a big chance that there are ATMs at your destination or you could ask for credit card options for payment.
Planning a trip can be exhausting but with this checklist at hand, you would be able to prepare adequately. If you need COVID testing before your trip or same-day care during it, then visit an urgent care center today to get started!