The team at AFC Urgent Care Fountain City wants you to remember that the summertime isn’t supposed to be bringing you down. If anything, this season should be giving you the ability to recharge and feel refreshed! So, if fatigue is affecting you while at work, it’s time to make sure you’re getting enough sleep at night.
Count Those Sheep to Catch Those Zzzz’s!
We all have days where we just feel completely worn out. But if you are regularly at work fighting tiredness and always feeling run down, then the issue might be more than just being worn out. Instead, the problem might lie in how much quality sleep you are getting each night.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than a third of adults living within the United States are not getting the sleep they need on a regular basis.
If you’re one of them, it’s important to take action immediately to start getting a better night’s sleep!
The following are ways to help make sure you are receiving a good night’s sleep.
- Aim to give yourself a chance to sleep between seven and nine hours every night.
- Consistency is key. Try to keep on schedule as best you can by going to bed around the same time every night and waking up about the same time each morning. (And, yes, this includes weekends.)
- Stay cool! Make your bedroom’s a welcoming place for quality sleep by keeping it dark and turning down the air conditioner.
- Put away the electronic devices (i.e., smartphone, tablet, television, etc.) at least an hour or two before you go to sleep. In fact, keep these devices out of the bedroom if at all possible. The blue light from these screens can make your sleep suffer.
- Watch what you eat right before bed by planning heavy meals for earlier in the day and not late at night. If possible, try making your biggest meal of the day either breakfast or lunch and eating a lighter meal at dinner to help improve your quality of sleep at night.
Does the fatigue at work seem to be growing worse and worse? Visit our professional and friendly medical team at AFC Urgent Care Fountain City to ensure there isn’t a health issue contributing to your daily fatigue.