We are already entering the middle of February. How are you doing on that resolution to start—and stick to—an exercise routine?
If you have yet to start, that is OK! It just means that February is going to be the month you kick off your resolutions, and our team at AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave. is going to be here to support you every step of the way!
How Can You Make Exercise a Part of Your Daily Routine?
Remember, it doesn’t matter when you start. It just matters that you start! Therefore, start making it a point to be active on a daily basis. Even if it is parking further away from the door at work to get in more steps or taking the stairs instead of the elevator—there is always a way to move more throughout the day.
In addition, make exercise fun so that you want to go to a workout. Whether it is taking a yoga class or learning to play a new sport like tennis, the more you enjoy what you are doing for exercise, the less likely you are to skip it!
Health Benefits of Exercise
- Helps you control your weight
- Reduces your risk of heart diseases
- Helps your body manage blood sugar and insulin levels
- Improves your mental health
- Helps keep your thinking, learning, and judgment skills sharp as you age
- Strengthens your bones and muscles
- Reduces your risk of some cancers
- Reduces your risk of falls
- Improves your sleep
How Does Exercise Help You to Prevent Illness?
Exercise isn’t just a great way to improve your physical and mental health—it can also help you ward off illness. That’s because regular exercise can help boost your immune system, keeping it strong enough to fend off viruses and bacterial infections.
Beyond boosting the immune system, exercise can also help you effectively manage stress, which is a risk factor for both illnesses and chronic health conditions.
Easy Ways to Fit in Exercise
- Bicycle with your children a few times a week.
- Take daily 20- to 30-minute walks.
- Go to the gym every other day.
- Play golf regularly.
- Try out an online workout program.
- Dance while preparing and waiting on dinner to cook.
Wondering where your health stands? Visit AFC Urgent Care Bronx Webster Ave.today for a checkup! No appointment is needed.